KDE Frameworks Release Cycle

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Apr 27 10:34:58 UTC 2014

On Sunday 27 April 2014 11:51:01 Kevin Ottens wrote:

> Short story: we'll go for a one month release cycle, with no branch.

This is a bold move. I like it.

Rapid release cycles have their own challenges, but I think we have the means
to make them work. And they come with benefits. Getting our stuff in the hands
of users more early certainly is worth the changes which are necessary to
accomplish this.

People will judge us by the stability of our releases. Testing and reviews are
essential for this. You stated the key points of that already. Good to see you
being on top of things :-)