Writing a Frameworks book at Randa

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:25:18 UTC 2014

Hello folks, I know that August is months away, but if you want your
Frameworks book, now is the time to step forward.

Here are some things to think about:

Most of this book is already written somewhere. When the words have
already been written down, all we need do is gather and arrange them.
When you think of such an email, dot story, blog post or have eloquent
thoughts in your head, please make a note.

If you are on this list, you are an expert. You know what the
Frameworks will do for KDE, and you know what they *can* do for
others. Our book will present that case. A good book will help grow
the Frameworks team; I'm sure of it. And a good book will make your
work more widely used. Oh, and you'll be a published author!

While in Randa, none of us will be writing full-time. In fact, I hope
that *all* of the Frameworks people will stop by the writing room, or
log into Booki and review, add, re-arrange, correct, or make the text
more graceful.

To make this work a few people must volunteer to take on the writing
of the book as their most important task at Randa. It will be mine,
and our goal is to have a book by the end of the week. We've done it
before, and I know we can do it again. This is a valuable work.

We need to know the core members of this team, soon. Please step
forward, and also add yourself to the Spints page for planning and
funding.

Valorie
--
http://about.me/valoriez