How to help?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jun 11 11:52:48 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Tuesday 22 May 2012 13:27:56 Paweł Paprota wrote:
> I have been looking through KDE projects for some time now in order to
> find some work. I have found minor stuff like bugfixing in plasmoids
> etc. minor improvements.
>
> I also stumbled upon KDE frameworks - I really like this effort to
> reduce the duplication, improve the overall architecture and processes
> (build etc).

Welcome!

> The question is how to get involved - obviously your scope
> is massive, the progress can be seen on the wiki but now I don't know
> what work can be picked up, what is your development process (do you
> have sprints? where do you track tasks?).
>
> Can you point me please in a proper direction?

I would advise you to take a look at that page:
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/kdelibs_cleanups

That's where the smaller tasks are available, take a free one, put your name
in front of it on the wiki and try your luck. There's quite a few, so if you
feel overwhelmed, feel free to hunt one of us on IRC to get some advice to
pick one.

There's other larger tasks too, but the page I propose you is likely better to
get slowly acquainted with the codebase.

Thanks for volunteering!

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net