Any libraries completely modularized already ?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:01:01 UTC 2012

David Faure wrote:

> On Friday 20 January 2012 21:35:07 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in the IRC meeting last December we decided that we would move the CMake
>> Find- modules into extra-cmake-modules "on-demand".
>> I.e. whenever a library is modularized and could be separated from
>> kdelibs, we'll review and move the necessary Find-module into
>> extra-cmake-modules.
>>
>> Is any library already at that point ?
>
> The answer is in
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Splitting_kdelibs
>
> Right now it says only itemmodels is ready.
> (well, it has the non-autotests proxymodeltestapp application under
> autotests/, but that's orthogonal)
>
> solid, kauth and kdbusaddons are also completely modularized.
>
> Go for it ;-)

itemmmodels doesn't require anything except CMake, so it doesn't need any
modules from ecm.

Solid has two dependencies - I think flex and bison. Flex is provided with
CMake these days, but the other dependency solid has - I don't think a
decision about where the find module for it should be has been made.

I don't know about kauth and kdbusaddons dependencies.

Thanks,

Steve.