KF5 Volunteer day 1: Done

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 24 10:42:56 UTC 2012

On Friday, February 24, 2012 10:57:31 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Clean readable history is important for now and for the future.

as long as we don't become too obsessive and start expecting git mastery from
everyone who comes along. we need to keep the bar for participation low enough
to be reached in practice (note: *not* "reachable in theory").

i'm not advocating a messy history or screwy git repositories ... but wish to
keep focused on being a realistic participation target. that is at least
partially a matter of perception as well; if it sounds too difficult, people
will assume it is dificult.

and pragmatically .. if people spend 1 hour coding and then even 30 minutes
fiddling with commit granularity and atomicity ... we will have fewer people
contributing. not only because of the time spent on git fu, but because they
come to contribute code not play with git.

at the same time, your offer of guidance and help is really appreciated. :)

cheers ...

--
Aaron J. Seigo