GSoC Proposal 2021: KMyMoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Mar 25 07:42:46 GMT 2021

Hi Suraj,

sorry for the late reply. Too much work recently.

On Montag, 22. März 2021 20:57:03 CET Suraj Kumar Mahto wrote:

> Hey,
> I am Suraj, I have been an active contributor in the KDE community from 8-9
> months and also working on KDE Docs Site(docs-kde-org) as a part of my SoK
> project. I want to participate in the KMyMoney project in GSoC. For
> starters I have built KMyMoney from source and want to write a proposal.
> Can I do that?

Sure.

> I am interested in:
> - Integration of the new functionalities from the Alkimia library
> - Extend the usage of bank data support in KMyMoney

> I wanted to know how important the project is currently for the community.

My personal pov is that the integration of the new Alkimia functionality
has precedence over the extended bank data usage. The former would also
include removing/adjusting the current source code which provides the
same/similar functionality.

You may get more feedback if you ask on 'kmymoney at kde.org' or 'kmymoney-devel at kde.org'
which are the user and developer mailing list. We can certainly stay here for all
the mentoring questions.

> I am also willing to start with junior jobs if there are any currently. *Please
> guide me where I should start.*

You may find some junior jobs on

  https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/issues?label_name%5B%5D=JuniorJob

and an extensive buglist on

  https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=1854439&namedcmd=KMyMoney%20General

Hope that helps as a start. Please feel free to ask if you need more information.

Thomas Baumgart

More does not equal better. Better equals better.