GSoC '21 KMyMoney : I am stuck.

Suraj Kumar Mahto suraj.mahto49 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 20:45:59 BST 2021

> Look at the local variables. What is the value of 'this'? Does that make
sense?
> It chokes inside the method AlkOnlineQuotesProfile::type() which gets
called
> from AlkOnlineQuoteSource ctor in line 230. Which object is pointed to
when
> calling type()? Which value does this pointer have? Where is it
initialized?

After days of bug hunting, I couldn't figure out that. The following things
I did for the same.
- I stepped in through functions in debugging and checked the stack.
- Tried to study the QMap related function defaultQuoteSources() and
checked its usage.
- While experimenting with the alkimia lib I found that after executing the
onlinequoteseditor5 binary separately(in build/bin/) the widget works fine
and there is no crash while interacting with the UI like buttons and fields
as opposed to what I saw in the kmymoney.

Please direct me what thing I missed. Thanks.
Sorry for the delay in the blog post. I planned for week 1-2 blog by Monday
only. I thought that I will post that after solving this bug.

Regards
Suraj Kumar Mahto