GSoC: KMyMoney - Replace functions related to widgets from alkimia

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jun 13 16:43:31 BST 2021

On Samstag, 12. Juni 2021 21:29:01 CEST Suraj Kumar Mahto wrote:

> Thank you, that works. So the page using AlkOnlineQuotesWidget class is
> added. Since the source code of this class is there in the alkimia lib. So
> in order to work further, I will have to work on the improvement of alkimia
> source code. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In case you need to adjust code that lives in libalkimia, yes. Just fork it
as with KMyMoney and make the necessary adjustments on a branch that you
branch off of master.

> Also, in order to import the previous kmymoneyrc configuration(as I can't
> see the previous quotes data after modifying), I thought of using update
> file. This is needed to be worked upon now or later?

That depends on your schedule. It maybe a good idea to check what changes
are necessary and adjust a single entry manually so that you can verify
that your changes are working. Then one can check what is needed for the
upd mechanism (maybe with a python script as companion depending on the
changes needed).

Now that the first week is over, do you blog about your work, obstacles,
challenges and progress? It would be nice to see.

Thomas Baumgart

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.