Sourcing python files in Mingw

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Aug 17 07:53:54 BST 2021

Am 16.08.21 um 21:54 schrieb Da Viper via Kde-finance-apps:
> I am currently using the Mingw from kmymoney, it's is version  10.2
>
> If I try import a python file that has a new line it show syntax error:
> invalid syntax
>
> For example
> In the file
>
> ```
> import sys
>
> print(sys.version)
>
> ```

I just downloaded a fresh 32bit version of the mentioned gdb from
https://kmymoney.org/snapshots.php#gdb-snapshot and unpackaged it.

Then I created a file named gdbinit in a new subdirectory named
etc\gdbinit  below the unpackaged directory and entered

python
import sys
print(sys.version)

After saving I started gdb and got the python version printed

$ gdb -q
2.6.9 (unknown, Jul 17 2021, 12:00:00)
[GCC 9.2.0]
(gdb)

Changing the end of line of the file gdbinit from dos to unix gave the
same results.

Can you reproduce that ?

Regards
Ralf