GSoC project discussions

Prasun Kumar prasun.code at gmail.com
Sat May 23 06:18:52 BST 2020

> The above mentioned comments aim at the statements of Martin Preuss and
> Ingo Klöckers and contain basic information on the topic.

Ok. I understand now.

In order to meet the above requirements, an additional subtask "Update
> of online banking data by an application" would have to be added,
> building on the planned implementation.
>
> This subtask consists of the creation of an API that allows applications
> to detect and download the availability of updated banking data and an
> extension of the CMake build system to upload generated bank files to an
> online store.

Ok. I will add it to my project proposal. I am thinking of doing this
before the first evaluation. I will adjust the timeline accordingly.

The better choice is therefore currently the file area of the
> ktoblzcheck project on sf.net, to which the generated files can be
> easily uploaded using scp.
>
> The API for this subtask would still have to be defined, but will
> basically have to include the following methods:
> 1. initialization - definition of the online store URL and the location
> for the download
> 2. checking whether updates are available
> 3. downloading the updates
>
> Furthermore it would have to be clarified which library should be used
> for the download

cURLpp looks like a good choice. It is the official C++ binding for
libcurl. Any other suggestions?

I am thinking about how to approach the update checking part. cURLpp can
download the file given a URL but I didn't find any inbuilt API for
fetching the contents of a URL (directory) yet.
I will keep looking.

Sorry for the delay in reply. I was unavailable due to health reasons.

Thanks,
Prasun