Regarding KtoBlzCheck GSoC project

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Mar 27 12:40:26 GMT 2020

Am 25.03.20 um 20:36 schrieb Prasun Kumar:
> Dear Sir,
> Thank you for answering the questions. I have some more.
> For the API part, should I use the KMyMoney implementation suggested by
> you(https://cgit.kde.org/kmymoney.git/tree/kmymoney/payeeidentifier/ibanandbic?h=4.8)
> as a reference?
yes.

It may also be possible to use that implementation according to the
license under which it was released to have a drop in replacement.

When I looked at the code, I saw a hint that this implementation is not
thread-safe, see
https://cgit.kde.org/kmymoney.git/tree/kmymoney/payeeidentifier/ibanandbic/bicmodel.cpp?h=4.8#n34
and need changes to fix this.

To change the license, for example to LGPL, you need to contact the
author Christian Dávid.

> Secondly, for adding support for additional countries, should these come
> under iban or should I create separate files and classes for each country?

aqbanking uses file sets for each country (see https://github.com
/aqbanking/aqbanking/tree/master/src/libs/plugins/bankinfo/generic)

$> rpm -q -l aqbanking | grep bankinfo
/usr/share/aqbanking/bankinfo/de/banks.data
/usr/share/aqbanking/bankinfo/de/bic.idx
/usr/share/aqbanking/bankinfo/de/blz.idx
/usr/share/aqbanking/bankinfo/de/namloc.idx

and kmymoney uses sqlite databases for each country

$> rpm -q -l kmymoney | grep bankdata
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kmymoney/ibanbicdata/bankdata.ch.db
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kmymoney/ibanbicdata/bankdata.de.db

With gnucash I only found a dependency to ktoblzcheck, which means it
uses different files for each country.

Regards
Ralf