Question about SQLite database's valid_upto field

Prasun Kumar prasun.code at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:58:59 BST 2020

> Which data will be used in this step and where does it come from? Is it
> part
>
> of the source code? Please excuse in case I am asking dumb questions, but I
>
> am not 100% sure about the whole process (initially and during operation).

I understand, that at some location, a file will be provided to the users.

> How does this file get created? Who creates it (role, not application)?

Currently, KtoBlzCheck downloads a bank sort file at compilation and uses
it to generate a bankdata text file. This file is then used to service the
library
and afaik there is no way to update datafile without recompiling. Since for
every compilation at a new date, a file is downloaded and another file
generated,
this causes a lot of duplication of data. That is why we want to move to a
database so that data is updated in only one file(DB) on every data update.
This DB file will be generated by the same bank sort code file which was
downloaded from the bank.
Now, the current plan is for one of the developers of the organisation to
upload the latest generated database to the files area of ktoblzcheck on
sf.net
and creating an API to check for an updated database and download that
database if it is more recent. This API would be used by the installed
command-line
tool as well as other software to download the updated bankdata DB.

IMHO this file should contain all necessary information (incl. any validity

> periods). And then if distributed with the source code contains all
>
> necessary data. Again, IMHO it does not make sense to take the Bundesbank
>
> file as is and distribute it. It needs to be verified and amended with
>
> additional information such as the valid_upto field.

Sorry for the confusion. In this context, by 'file' I am referring to the
SQLite database file which would be generated by the python script. So, my
question
was regarding adding the date field in the DB.
You could take a look at my proposal to make it more clear:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pMM0cUlPNpzWzlfEZ7XKcHTwJC73EYiYbLoQJRT7Jpc/

Do let me know if I had caused any other confusion. I will try to be more
descriptive in further communication.

Thanks.
Prasun