GSoC'20 progress : Phase I related

ralf.habacker at freenet.de ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Jul 11 13:54:00 BST 2020

Hi Prasun,

> As you suggested to not use the DEPRECATED macro, I could not find any suitable thing to do with
them.

I think we misunderstood here. Using DEPRECATED is a way to tag outdated function. I made a mistake by adding an example, which I recognized later that it is still required.
As there may be additional function be tagged as deprecated, the related macros should go into one common file. cmake has support for generating such files, see https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/module/GenerateExportHeader.html and https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16982144/cmake-and-generateexportheader.

Can you list those functions ?

> Silly question, but could you suggest a good commit message after the changes by code beautifier?

Convert bank data support to Sqlite format ?
Add some more details, add link to proposal

> Meanwhile, if you could give some pointers regarding the support of additional countries,
> I could start planning for it according to my timeline.
I remember, I already  wrote something about this at this, need to seach for ...

From the proposal:

- Add support for additional countries to the checking library.

In the first step I suggest to implement downloading and generating (additional) sqlite databases for additional countries (bankdata.<lang>.db) to have valid test data (see below).
I suggest to start with one additional country for example 'netherland', see below

Then the api and tools should be extented to be able to select/use a dedicated country.

There are two ways

ktoblzcheck --file bankdata.de.db  ...

ktoblzcheck --file bankdata.nl.db  ...
ktoblzcheck --file bankdata.ch.db ...

When using the default instal location of database files there should be a way to select the requested country

ktoblzcheck [<country>] <bank-id> <account-id>

e.g ktoblzcheck DE <bank-id> <account-id>

and  defaults to german bankdata if no country is given

The same should be possible by using the api. Please make proposals for extending the api.

- The bankdata files also need to be added corresponding to these countries.

At https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/tree/master/kmymoney/plugins/ibanbicdata there are additional python scripts to generate databases for

netherland - https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/blob/master/kmymoney/plugins/ibanbicdata/netherlands
switzerland - https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/blob/master/kmymoney/plugins/ibanbicdata/switzerland

which need to be merged into ktoblzcheck. The raw bank data files mentioned in the python scripts  need to be fetched similar to the german bank data files, the database must be created and installed.

Regards
Ralf