[Kde-finance-apps] Development environment

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Fri Jun 10 13:26:42 CEST 2011

Hello Puneet and Samir,
here are some instructions to install your development environment for KDE.
A good exercise would be that you build and install the libAlkimia
classes from SVN.

You will have to install:
- Qt Creator or KDevelop4 (personally, I find Qt Creator easier to
grasp, even if less powerful in the end)
- KdeSVN
- Qt libs and docs
- KDE libs and docs
- automoc
- GMP (this is for mathematical calculations needed for the currency class)
- Boost libs
- cmake

That's mostly it. For most of those packages you'll need the -devel
packages. Based on your distro, the names may vary.

If you can document the steps to install, that would be a very good
addition to our wiki. It was created mostly by existing developers, so
we are missing a start-up section for developers.

You can find libAlkimia at:
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/office/alkimia

In addition, for developer access to KDE you'll need a GPG key. Create
one and have it handy for the time when we request access.

BTW, as an entry-level distro for KDE, I'd recommend using OpenSUSE,
not Kubuntu (YMMV, this is just my personal opinion)

Regards,
Alvaro