[Kde-events] OpenExpo Bern

Franz Keferböck franz.keferboeck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 07:02:20 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Mario Fux <foxman at lugo.ch> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 19. Februar 2008 12:23 schrieb Franz Keferböck:
>
>  Good morning as well
>

>  > > OpenExpo is only about three weeks from now and I suppose some things
>  > > still need to be done before.
>  > > This is my first attempt on these things, so maybe everything is
>  > > already well organized and I simply don' t know...
>  > >
>  > > These things are not quite clear to me:
>  > > What about accomodation? Do we try to find private places or shall I
>  > > book the Four Seasons? Is there a usual way of handling?
>  >
>  > Hi Alexandra,
>  >
>  > Sorry for me being off the net for soooo long, but i've been out for
>  > medical reasons for quite some time now.
>
>  I hope it's getting better.

I'm fine now, thanks

>  > For one, i asked the organizers whether there is any recommendations
>  > hotel-wise or hostel wise or whatever. I hope to get an answer on that
>
>  I saw your email at the OpenExpo list (I'm just half an organizer ;-).
>

>  > soon and i will let you know. My intention is to book for all people
>  > involved and willing to take this standard booking, if you prefer the
>  > Four Seasons (and are willing to pay for it ;-) feel free to do so
>  > *gg* but let me know so i don't book a second room for you...
>
>  As I live in Switzerland (and am Swiss actually ;-) I could offer some
>  accommodations. But they are at least an hour away from Bern (by car or
>  train). But you could choose between a place near Zurich (near the airport)
>  or a place in Wallis. But as I said you (we) have to take the train or car
>  (if you have one) to go there.

There's three people on the Wiki requiring accommodation, could you
arrange something for us? i'll arrive tuesday and leave thursday
eavening, so that's two nights then. Can the others please give
details on that too...

And i do come  by car which we can exploit for whatever fun we want as
long as it's legal :-) it's even a Kar - with the KDE logo on the
doors, yay!

>  > > What needs to be prepared for the booth? Do we have material to give
>  > > away? How does it get to Bern?
>  >
>  > I will be at CeBIT the last of its days where we will have the Booth
>  > box and all equipment needed for it. I will go there by car - and if
>  > that's OK with the rest of the crew i'll take it back home to austria
>  > and bring it to Bern, that saves a lot of shipping costs i guess.
>
>  Great. I could bring at least one laptop with e.g. an installed KDE
>  4.0.something. Then there are two Konqis here in my room (a small one and a
>  big one) but I think I'll bring only the small one. Then I could offer an
>  projector.
>
>  But as a disclaimer I won't be at the booth all the time.

That's phantastic, esp. the projector, given we got something to
project on! and there will be people at the booth at all times, so
that should be fine...

>  > > What is the planned time schedule? When are we going to set up the
>  > > booth and all things? Who will be there to help?
>  >
>  > This was question #2 in my email to the organizers - i'll let you know
>
>  Afaik the schedule is not yet fixed but the time to set up the booth is
>  Tuesday evening (sorry I couldn't find the OpenExpo mail).

That's good for now, we're there then :-)

>  > > I suggested a screencast to show off KDE 4. I haven't yet found the
>  > > time to set up a VM to record anything, as Aaron suggested. I can't
>  > > promise that I will finally get to that. Do we want screencasts at
>  > > all? And is there anybody who might be able to provide any material?
>  > > Maybe we could use anything already existing...
>  >
>  > There's some videos of KDE 4 bling around, some of them where shown at
>  > the KDE 4.0 Release Event, i still got them on my box. It would be
>  > nice to have one screen mounted high just showing some of these
>  > videos, and yes, maybe additional screencasts. Not sure whether we'll
>  > be able to do so properly though, as we'll have a hard time mounting
>  > the small TFTs in the boothbox at a prominent spot not constantly
>  > couvered by people, and i don't know any swiss companies where we
>  > could rent something big(tm) for a good price.
>  >
>  > > That's it for now.
>  >
>  > Thanks for the questions, and sorry for me being absent for so long,
>  > but i was explicitly denied any access to computers and the internet
>  > in the last month...
>  >
>  > > Have a sunny day,
>  >
>  > heck, yay, it _is_ sunny :-)
>  >
>  > > Alexandra
>
>  That's it for the moment. Greets and see you in Switzerland
>  Mario

thank you, been of great help! looking forward to seeing you all..

Franz Keferböck
Phone: +43 650 86 22 555
http://franz.keferboeck.info | http://www.kde.org