[Kde-events] logistic and SpreadKDE

Pier-Olivier Thibault ximaginex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 21:05:25 CET 2007

Hi!

I have had quite a few talks with Claire about those logistic problems people
seem to have regarding the promotion of KDE and the boothbox.

I have also told Claire to put that on hold for a very simple reason:

The people working on SpreadKDE are overwhelmed with tasks to do. Putting more
work into their hand wouldn't be fair for them and it would be delayed
anyway.

I think Claire had a very good idea about logistic and I think that you (Wade)
should talk with her about your thoughts on that subject, maybe both of you
could come up with some sort of system that would be very easy to maintain.

The only problem is the lack of web developers with SpreadKDE, I know we
haven't advertised much about SpreadKDE and the need of developers in the
past week but we need some of them. Luke and Niels can work their magic but
they can't do miracles and this is what is asked to them at the moment: doing
the impossible.

I don't think we should make a brand new website for that logistic problem, it
fits very well into SpreadKDE's scope.

What we need is developers, so advertise for us please to the people you know.

If you know anyone that can code, or if you own a blog that you know people
visit, please advertise for us. I think we have enough work for four or five
more people. We have a lot of ideas that we have simply not touched yet due
to lack of developers.

Developers need to have PHP and SQL skills. They also need to have a little
look at how Drupal 5.1 works, the API and such but Drupal's website has a
nice reference site where you can search for different API's. Also, they have
#drupal-support and #drupal channels that are very helpful.

http://dev.spreadkde.org <--- they can visit it, it has some good infos for
the developers there. they can also register or visit us on #SpreadKDE on
Freenode, if they do come on #SpreadKDE, they will start working right away
as the registering system is not fully operational at the moment.

Thanks,

Pier-Olivier Thibault
SpreadKDE team