[Kde-events] FOSDEM with Gnome?

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Jun 4 14:11:59 CEST 2007

One of the Gnome FOSDEM crew is proposing to have a joint room with
KDE next year.

While I think it's important to mix with Gnome and other desktop
projects to work on common areas, FOSDEM is also an important event
for KDE people to get together and meet other KDE people, and I'd fear
that with an entirely shared room we would lose some of the KDE
gathering we enjoy.

I think I'd prefer having a joint stream with Gnome like last year and
having separate rooms for the rest.  Either way we should come to a
common decision we can take to the FOSDEM organisers.

http://pvanhoof.be/blog/index.php/2007/06/03/because-competing-is-necessary-and-fun

Jonathan