Start contributing to KmPlot

Percy Camilo Triveño Aucahuasi percy.camilo.ta at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 08:11:02 UTC 2014

Hi Abhijeet,

On 25/01/14 23:55, Abhijeet Nikam wrote:
> Hi,
> I am Abhijeet. I went through some KDE applications and I really liked
> KmPlot.I wish to start contributing to it. Can I proceed with one of the
> minor bugs in the bug list? I know C++ and baiscs of Qt framework.
>
> Can somebody please guide me?

;)

Currently we are in the process to replace KmPlot with Khipu:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/edu/khipu

The main idea here is to use a common infrastructure for all kdeedu math
applications, you see, now KAlgebra and Khipu are using this library:
analitza

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeedu/analitza

You can read the analitza documentation here:

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdeedu-apidocs/analitza/html/index.html

I think it would be good if you learn analitza first and then define
what you want to do:

numerical methods?
symbolic algebra?
improve the math parser?

Please, note that some of the features you want to implement can  belong
to analitza's scope (the common infrastructure) or any math application
that uses analitza (Khipu or KAlgebra)

Finally, you can read some history about in:

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/punit9462/1?ModPagespeed=noscript

https://punit9462.wordpress.com/

http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/StatusReports#Percy_Camilo_Trive.C3.B1o_Aucahuasi

> Regards,