Regarding KmPlot Developement

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Dec 11 00:22:26 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Punit Mehta <punit9462 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>                        I am a second year IT undergrad student. I am very
> enthusiastic about working on KmPlot. I know C,JAVA,C++,Qt(basics). I want
> to start working for the project from now. I want to add the feature of
> calculating slope of the graph at any point x and some other features also.
> I have thought of a rough idea to implement it and I have started working
> on it. So , I just want to confirm this thing with its developers. I have
> also sent the mail to its developers on their email IDs mentioned on the
> website.But due to some technical problems , none of the emails was
> delivered to them. So, I want to get in tough with the KmPlot contributors
> and mentors.I also want to know that ,  is the developement of this
> application still running or it has been stopped ?. I am a little confused
> regarding that. So , please reply to this if I am allowed to do it. :)
>
>                  Thank You.
>
> Regards,
> Punit Mehta
>

> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:

Hi Punit!
It's not really up to us to say if you can work with us. First of all, you
should find an area that you find interesting and start to find your way in
there. Maybe you could look into last year's gsoc proposals and see what
you like?

If you're interested in plotting, maybe you should take a look to Khipu [1]
which is a new software that we're working on right now and that needs some
polishing before it can be released.

Cheers!
Aleix

[1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/edu/khipu?jump=search