Google Code-In Translation for pykig.py

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Thu Oct 20 10:27:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:00 AM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma at kde.org> wrote:
> Italian to English
> yes it's an excellent task for GCI which requires only Italian and English
> knowledge. It is exactly the scope of GCI!
>
> When you have an English version, it goes in the Kig repo. After that you need
> to ask the i18n team how to extract the English strings fom this script into a
> .pot file so that all translation teams within KDE will translate it and it
> then will automaticaly use the user language.

Great! So what's next for me to do? Should I format the proposal in
any particula way? Get in touch with i18n/l10n? I'm also not familiar
with the mentoring idea: I'm a fairly new KDE Developer so I don't
know if I can apply as a mentor, and if we are going to get a student
into this task chances are the student is going to be from Italy and I
would have a serious time shift. What do you think?

David E. Narváez