[kde-edu]: Re: Some git repos need reconversion!

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun May 8 23:03:25 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 5:16 AM, Nicolas Alvarez
<nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have discovered that a few kdeedu git repositories were mis-converted.
> There are SVN commits that were skipped during conversion to git, so they
> are not present in the git repository. They will have to be reconverted
> from
> SVN and pushed again.
>
> The affected repositories are kalgebra, kgeography, kig, ktouch, and step.
> I have not checked marble yet, but I suspect it's affected as well.
>

> This is not just a matter of past history. The *current* revision of the
> repository contains bad data too. This is one of the reasons why the kdeedu
> 4.6.3 release was delayed, and in the end was released from latest SVN
> instead of latest git.
>
> As an example, kalgebra.git/mobile/scripts/console/CMakeLists.txt in the
> 4.6
> branch differs from the one in SVN, because r1221940 was not converted.
>
> I will have to reconvert those repositories from SVN, rebase the changes
> that were done in git since the original migration, and do a force-push.
> Once that's done, you will have to reset your local branches to point to
> the
> new remote branches, or if you have local changes, rebase them on top of
> the
> new repository (NOT merge them). Of course, I'll post better instructions
> later, with exact git commands.
>

> I don't yet have a schedule for when this will happen. Feel free to suggest
> dates, for example to avoid doing it in the middle of a scheduled GSoC
> meeting/sprint/thing. It doesn't even need to happen for all five
> repositories at the same time.
>
> If you have any questions, reply to this message or ask in #kde-edu.
>
> Sorry for the trouble.
>
> --
> Nicolas

Hi nicolás!
Thanks for your work and for noticing :). Tell me when you want to do that
and I'll be extra cautious.

Aleix

PS: As I said somewhere, I don't really care if the history is not the best
in that part, so if you want just to apply a patch on top, it works for me
also.