new Game

Marco Calignano marco.calignano at web.de
Mon Aug 22 20:43:58 UTC 2011

On 08/22/2011 03:15 PM, simion ploscariu wrote:
> Hii,in my implementation i made the menu (that changed the difficulty)
> hidden and bring in front by a key combination(so kids can't change
> stuff or quit the application) but now i think that older kids can
> navigate a picture based menu. For animations we have a lot in Qt to
> use(to make cards dissapear or some other effect when a bad answer was
> given), also sound feedback is good to have.
> The code is easy to write, some nice themes would be nice, I
> downloaded and used images ,and i tried to make some animal themes.
> I had also the idea to create a database with images and sounds that
> can be reused in all kids games and software,maybe when i will have
> more time I will manage this(i will ask my wife to make some animal
> themes) but for sounds no idea how to generate or record those(you
> need some expensive equipment).
> Marco maybe you are interested in creating a larger framework for
> games for kids,have ideas .
The Framework are probably the stuff  I am better at. I am colorblind so
do not ask me about color :) . I have musical skills so I could go into
that with a bit of work, but my favorite is programming Frame work.
I like to project them but here I need help from you. Untill now I
worked always at low lavel and since a couple of months I use QT to
develop games for my child. (I even bought a book for QT to learn properly)

What Albert is saying answering Anne-Marie i find fascinating :
> >  More generally (this question is more for other KDE people) how do we
> >  develop an "active" app and a normal one all in one?
>  Not trivial, you have to almost develop separate UIs (or at least separate
>  paths in the same classes) so the recommendation is to keep a clear separation
>  between the logic and the UI so you can "plug" a new UI on top.

Something like that is something that I am ready to do.
I am impressed that my email stirred up all these answer and these Ideas.
I may repeat myself but I think i can work good for you with a bit of
direction from you.

To go back at the program I could see a video of Kmemory in an rss feed
from last year and it is exactly what I mean.
I still did manage to compile the code and have it running on my machine
but i will (still problems with cmake).
I have suggestion for improving the kmemory game but I think like
anne-marie saays we should decide how we should proceed.
I already feel that we could do something cool.

Thanks
Marco