[kde-edu]: KGHNS2: How to use it...

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Sun May 27 19:59:17 CEST 2007

Moin

These are my findings...

In your cpp file you do:

    KNS::Engine engine;
    engine.init("kalzium.knsrc");
    KNS::Entry::List entries = engine.downloadDialogModal();

in the kalzium.knsrc you put:

    [KNewStuff2]
    ProvidersUrl=http://edu.kde.org/kalzium/molecules.xml
    TargetDir=kalzium/data/molecules # becomes
$KDEHOME/share/apps/kalzium/data/molecules

In the molecules.xml (see
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/edu/kalzium/molecules.xml?view=markup )
you add information where the other files are. Those other files contain for
example the information about the score but of course also which files the
user can download. That is (of course) the most important thing. The file for
Kalzium is this:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/edu/kalzium/molecule-database.xml?revision=668790&view=markup

Yes, the content is just a dummy-XML, I am just writing a script which created
real content.

Ok, I hope this is correct. Joseph: I really tried to do it correctly, but
even now it isn't really working. Perhaps you can enlighten us if my approach
is wrong or right... Perhaps KGHNS2 is simply not yet working...

Carsten