[kde-edu]: edu apps review

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu May 17 19:56:10 CEST 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 16:01:43 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday 17 May 2007, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > As I understand it from talking with one of the Edubuntu people, they
> > will ship 2 CDs next release and KDE-Edu and GCompris will be on the
> > second one. What KDE-Edu apps? Not sure. They seem to pick some at random
> > that's why we need to work with them so they know that for example
> > KLettres has data in several languages. We need to know how we can
> > improve some things so it's easier for them to package.
>
> Assuming their packages do not differ too much from Debian's KDE packages,
> then they have this already covered quite nicely.
> For example KLettres can be installed with its data without needing to
> install other KDE Edu applications and their data. I am quite sure they
> could even split the klettres-data package into language specific ones if
> they feel a need to.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

So what is the point brought up by Agustin?
"One of the specs called for at UDS was a process for reviewing
applications into Edubuntu."
If you expend Edubuntu to the content of *Buntu and Debian repository then
well, everything from KDE-Edu should be somewhere. I thought that "reviewing
applications into Edubuntu" targets the CD or 2 CDs in next realease.

As I said, I never had any contact with Edubuntu so I don't really know how
they work.

Anne-Marie