[kde-edu]: Website - Important

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sun Oct 1 14:10:36 CEST 2006

Hi all,

As you might have noticed, some KDE websites moved to a new look this night
but not kde-edu.
I am KOffice webmaster and KDE-Edu webmaster along with Pino and I was not
aware of such a change. To say the least I am slightly angry about this
because I think we could have been consulted about the change.

I don't like this new layout which is OK for small content websites but not
with heavy content ones.
Some KDE websites have another layout than the www.kde.org one (Phonon and
such) and I was wondering if we should take the opportunity to move to our
own design.
Danny Allen has a design mockup
http://www.kde-edu.org/
http://www.kde-edu.org/khangman/
which could be used.

Or anyone with a better idea can come forward and propose a layout.

I mailed the www team this morning and got no answer. So I CC them this mail.
Personally i'd like to have a wiki  as a part of the edu website. For example
to list new educational applications ideas. Also to improve the communicatin
with our users.

Any idea is welcomed, technically i am not sure what we are allowed or not but
I think some kde websites have wikis.

Anne-Marie