[kde-edu]: deb for new release of kmessedword ?

CPH CP.Hennessy at openapp.biz
Wed Jan 12 21:29:37 CET 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 20:16, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 January 2005 12:39 pm, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > This is only a mock-up from an artist and it's not implemented (yet). We
> > are not sure on how this might be done to be frank (on the coding side).
> > Cheers,
>
> The mockup looks really nice.  I think it should be doable.  If you have
> the "chalk" font, it would be much easier.  In that case, you can just draw
> the text onto the chalkboard background, very similar to how it's done now.
>  The only tricky part is that you'd want "(reveal word)" to be a clickable
> area, and probably the "try" box as well (unless you want to do a regular
> KPushButton for that).  Actually, I might argue for getting rid of the Try
> button in favor of just pressing Enter in the Edit Box.
>
> The "clickable area" can be done with the background widget's
> mousePressEvent(); just check if the position of the mouse click is within
> a QRect which bounds the clickable area(s).
>
> Will the file cabinet drawers also be clickable?  If so, you can do a
> similar thing for those, although it would be slightly more complicated,
> because you'd want to overlay a "drawer open" pixmap...
>
> I'd be willing to help out with the coding of this.  Is there a
> "background" template of the mockup, with just a blank chalkboard and all
> drawers closed?
I'm not sure what the "drawers" are supposed to represent - but if it is easy
to hard perhaps a better idea would be something like a QSlider widget with
"easy" on one end and "hard" on the other ?
This may also be something which could be added to a libkdeedu library so that
it's available for other kde-edu apps.

Note that I think kwordquiz could work with quite a similar interface (maybe
there is a possibility of sharing more code between these two apps ?)

CPH