[kde-edu]: kde-edu icons

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Jan 19 21:16:52 CET 2004

Hello,

> > I've read at kde-look that everaldo will already include icons in
> > the next release of crystal, so maybe you don't need these icons
> > anymore... in any case I'll include them in my themes.
>
> Yes, well, I'm not too sure about what to do with that.  I really like
> your icons a lot, especially the flashkard one is really nice.  But if
> official crystal icons are going to appear for the KDE-Edu apps, then
> I'm not sure whether we even *can* commit yours as cr-*-*-*.png.

I sent Everaldo my KStars icon back when I first made it.  Even though he
never actually included it in his theme, he said it looked great and that I
should send him more.  So I guess I'm saying, it isn't as if he has a
monopoly on KDE icons, and he seemed very open to contributions.  If there
end up being multiple icons for Edu apps, IMHO each app author should decide
which is the best icon for their app, and make that icon cr-*-*-*.png.

Jason
--
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
kstars at 30doradus.org