[kde-edu]: Fwd: Timetable program

Karl Sarnow karl at dadoka.h.ni.schule.de
Thu Apr 10 11:24:07 CEST 2003

Matthias Meßmer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Thursday 10 April 2003 02:02, Dominique Devriese wrote:
>
>>I think this would be rather useful for schools etc., but imho, this
>>program needs quite some UI work, a port to KDE instead of Qt, and of
>>course an active maintainer in order for being of value to KDE-Edu.
>

> Do you think it would fit into the KDE-Edu Project then? Isn't it a more
> Groupware ore Pim related program with special features for schools?
>
> I would like to have a link to this project on our page cause administration
> of timetables is a difficult task. I am a teacher and know the consequences
> of bad timetable software ;-)
>
> Regards
>
> Matthias

A timetable program like that mentioned is a key for KDE and open
software to enter the administration of schools. The teachers there are
mainly those who decide upon the OS to install in their school
computers. If they have an option for an open source timetable program
this will open their minds for open software in schools.

Don't underestimate that influence!

Sincerely
Karl

--