question on docbook header formatting

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 18 22:05:15 BST 2023

Running khelpcenter, looking at the TOC produced by meinproc5, within a
chapter, if a sect1 has several sect2s within it, there is no extra
space between the sect1 title and the first sect2 title, nor between
the sequential sect2 titles.  There IS a space between the last sect2
and the following sect1.  However, there is no space between two
sequential sect1 titles, if the first does not contain any sect2.  This
looks odd to me, but I suppose it has been that way for a long time.
Am I the only one who thinks this, and is there any reasonable way to
change it?  Simply adding space before any sect1 title would add
unwanted space between a chapter title and the first sect1 title, so I
know it's not trivial to do.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jack