Problem with text at left margin.

a.sloman at bham.ac.uk a.sloman at bham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 14 20:41:53 GMT 2022

Dear KDE developers

I have just switched from long term use of Fedora to KDE because Fedora no
longer supports zoom communications requirements.

On fedora I've been using xterm and a few variants ot xterm for many years. On
KDE I've discovered Konsole as the closest replacement, but have a serious
problem with the left edge of the window.

In some contexts, e.g. using a Konsole window to type text to be sent as email,
the left edge of each window seems to start part way through the left-most
character on each line. So a lot of text that isn't indented comes out with
left-most characters looking slightly odd, with only a bit more than the right
half of each left-most character visible.

I haven't found any adjustment that fixes this.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Is there an option specifying
how far from the left margin text starts in Konsole ???

Thanks,
Aaron Sloman