Obsolete Version of KMail Handbook on docs.kde.org

David Bryant davidbryant at gvtc.com
Thu May 6 20:06:40 BST 2021

On Thursday, May 6, 2021 11:09:10 AM CDT Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on docs.kde.org KMail is listed only in stable5 with Revision (KDE 4.12)
> (2013-06-26) and completely missing in trunk5 see
>
> https://docs.kde.org/index.php?application=kmail2&language=en
>
> whereas trunk/l10n-kf5 and stable/l10n-kf5 both have KMail version 5.14.2
> (Applications 20.04.2)
>
> What's going wrong here?

Could it be my fault? I've been pushing changes  to Kmail /docs since last August. I've
been putting them all in with "git push" to the new Gitlab. Is there somethng else I need to
do to update docs.kde.org? My understanding is that somebody (Yuri?) does something
every once in a while to regenerate the docs.kde.org .pdf files, and the web pages. Or is
that supposed to be my job?

If so, I need some help getting it done. Nobody ever taught me anything much about the
docs.kde.org stuff. Yuri told me I'm not supposed to put .svg images into .docbook files
because that image format is not supported with .pdf files. So I convert all the .svg images
to .png as a matter of routine. But that's just about all I know when it comes to
docs.kde.org.

FWIW, the documentation for Kmail hadn't been touched in seven years when I started
working on it last August. Maybe that's part of the reason it's only showing a "stable"
version. It wasn't just stable. It was moribund.  😃
--
David Bryant
Still a greenhorn, but improving