[kde-doc-english] Updating docs.kde.org to Applications/14.12 + Plasma/5.1?

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Dec 20 17:04:17 UTC 2014

Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
> написане Sat, 20 Dec 2014 18:33:10 +0200, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
>
>> docs.kde.org needs to be updated to track  Applications/14.12 + Plasma/5.1
>> instead of 4.14
>>
>> Does anyone how to do that?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Albert
>
> Hi,
>
> This can be done via index.php and generator in docs-kde-org git repo. But...
> there is no "14.12" in http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/ so we will lost all
> translations.
14.12 is the stable branch right now, so it's correct that nothing is in
branches/KDE at this time.

> There was also some sort of agreement that we do not generate docs for 5.x
> (too many branches, chaos, uncertainty where is what...).
>
> Just my 2 cents (usually Burkhard does all switches).

Also, it's going to be confusing for the non-Applications thing (it was
already confusing because of 4.11 plasma).

One of my goal for these holidays is the KF5 documentation. For this issue, I
don't know; the problem is that the current schema, marking a branch with the
same version, is not correct. We need another view of the documentation IMHO.

Ciao
--
Luigi