[kde-doc-english] Using superscript in <gui...> markup

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun May 26 20:24:27 UTC 2013

El Dissabte, 25 de maig de 2013, a les 23:53:42, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> updating kcalc docs I tried to use superscript in <guibutton> markup, but
> failed because checkXML reported an error like:
>
> index.docbook:208: element guibutton: validity error : Element superscript
> is not declared in guibutton list of possible children
>
> According to http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/guibutton.html (link
> provided by Yuri, thanks) superscript|subscript should be allowed inside
> <guibutton> markup.
>
> Any idea why checkXML/meinproc4 does not allow superscript|subscript inside
> <guibutton> markup?

I'd say that webpage is wrong/old.

Having a look at
/usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.2/dbpoolx.mod

I can see that the children of guibutton are
 (%smallcptr.char.mix;|accel)
where %smallcptr.char.mix; is
 <!ENTITY % smallcptr.char.mix
                "#PCDATA
                                        |replaceable
                                        |inlinegraphic|inlinemediaobject
                |%ndxterm.class;        |beginpage
                %local.smallcptr.char.mix;">

and %local.smallcptr.char.mix; is empty and %ndxterm.class; is
  <!ENTITY % ndxterm.class
                "indexterm %local.ndxterm.class;">
where %local.ndxterm.class; is empty again

So to my understanding possible children of guibutton are replaceeable,
inlinegraphic, inlinemediaobject, indexterm, beginpage

Cheers,
  Albert