[kde-doc-english] Outdated man page policy?

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 19:15:06 CEST 2009

2009/9/13 Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>:
> Am Samstag 12 September 2009 10:04:40 schrieb Anne Wilson:
>> On Saturday 12 September 2009 03:37:23 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> [...]
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > Sorry for taking so long to answer. I'm finally attaching an updated man
>> > page.
>> >
>> > I'm not sure if the language is as friendly as possible, so feel free
>> > to edit it (or add/remove sections if necessary). I also merged the
>> > Authors and Author section. Also feel free to add yourself to the
>> > Authors list.
>> >
>> > When you're done, please let me know to close the bug report.
>> >

> If markup your text and commited to trunk.
> Please proofread it.
It looks fine. Thank you very much!

> Btw, entities for your names/emails are not in
> kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/entities/contributor.entities so far, what
> about adding them?
>
> Thanks a lot for updating the man page.
> <hint>There is also an index.docbook in kdeutils/doc/ark</hint>
Actually, this is where I start getting confused. Is there some
article on Techbase or somewhere else with instructions and
documentation about these files?

Wrt contributor.entities:
 * When should I have added myself to contributor.entities?
 * Can I just add a line with my information? I see some blank lines
there, so I don't know if I should skip one as well.

Wrt index.docbook:
 * Is there some sort of docbook guide that's easy to understand?
Whenever I open a docbook file I feel it's something mere mortals
can't understand ;)

Cheers.