Not to use the cygwin1.dll have to use the winsock.dll

Vijay Arasalingam vijay_aras at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 14 22:56:05 CEST 2005

Hi,
  I have developed an api in C using cygwin libraries.  Now i dont want
to use cygwin1.dll in my librarary.

I have developed an API which includes socket programming /sys/socket.h

In my code,
I have added
#ifdef WIN32
#include <winsock.h>
#else

#include<sys/socket.h>
and rest of the header files.

I wanted to use -mno-cygwin option when compiling and linking.

when I compile I issue this command
gcc -c -mno-cygwin hello.c

when I link
gcc -o hello -mno-cygwin hello.o

it gives me error messages since it cannot find the socket related
calls.
I dont want a dll dependency on cygwin1.dll.

How do i do this.  what should be done, any help is aprreciated.

regards,
Vijay.A