drkonqi's many debuggers

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Mon Aug 28 16:23:00 BST 2023

I am wondering: does anyone actually use anything besides the default
gdb debugger? We have a lot of code just for supporting multiple
debuggers and I am wondering if we couldn't just focus on one debugger
and get less code with a better experience (both in writing and
reading it).

On a related note: does anyone have opinions on using lldb instead of
gdb? It seems much faster to me and should be just as scriptable as
gdb from a quick glance. The trace format would change though, so
that's a challenge. OTOH texty traces are a thing of the past with
sentry anyway.

HS