Gitlab Turn-off Issues

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jun 30 13:06:47 BST 2020

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:53 PM Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, June 28, 2020 12:27:41 PM EDT Allen Winter wrote:
> > Can we remove the Issues feature on all invent projects?
> > We're starting to see more and more people adding Issues.
> >
> > For KOrganizer, bshah replaced Issues with Bugzilla.
> >
> > I very much doubt we want or are ready to replace Bugzilla.
> >
> Apologies, I had no idea this has been discussed many times previously.
> I didn't intend to have a mean or angry tone.
>
> What I really want to know is if we have some ideas or plans
> to deal with people submitting issues to Issues instead of Bugzilla.
> I'll follow this thread and see where it leads.

As an interim measure, I have implemented a banner shown only on New
Issue pages.
This can be seen at https://invent.kde.org/games/kbounce/-/issues/new
for instance.

Hopefully this is sufficient to eliminate the issue, particularly once
we've rolled out the Bugzilla/Gitlab linkage more widely.

> -Allen

Cheers,
Ben