Flatpak config

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jun 23 11:49:38 BST 2020

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 9:03 PM Michael Reeves <reeves.87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How does one specify dependencies in flatpak for binary-factory.kde.org.

This is governed by the Flatpak build recipe for your application.

As a starting point, the Binary Factory looks to
https://invent.kde.org/packaging/flatpak-kde-applications
In this repository you'll see two types of file: *.json files and *.remoteapp

The *.remoteapp files are a custom specification used to inform the
Binary Factory of where to find Flatpak build recipes (the *.json
files) which are located elsewhere (such as in the application's own
repository)

The *.json files are what is passed to the Flatpak build process
performed by the Binary Factory.
The format of these files follows the upstream specification, which
they'll have more documentation on.

>From my understanding it builds everything specified in the order in
the recipe, so adding/specifying a dependency should be as simple as
adding it to the appropriate step in the recipe.

Cheers,
Ben