Calindori in kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Apr 16 22:02:59 BST 2020

El diumenge, 12 d’abril de 2020, a les 15:42:15 CEST, Dimitris Kardarakos va escriure:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'd like to let you know that the Calindori [1] application has been
> moved to kdereview.

Some comments from playing with it a bit on the desktop.

Going from the day view to the month view in my computer takes about 4 seconds. Can you reproduce that? Seems like if i have that on a phone that's less powerful would be worse.

On the top bar of the Month view you're using the "wrong" way to format month + year
See how i get "of April 2020" when used in catalan, you should be using standaloneMonthName there if you're not going to put the day in front (korganizer makes that mistake almost everywhere)
https://i.imgur.com/4BwMCCn.png

In the month view, I find it a bit weird that if i change the month to January 2020, it still says "16 April 2020", which i get, it's still "the selected date", but my brain is totally unhappy about it.

In the month view, the "Today" button is weird because it isn't actually "today" it's "show this month", if i am in this month, but have selected a different day (e.g. 30 of April) click "Today" does nothing. I would expect it to select today.

I find it a bit weird that going from Day view to Week view selects a different day, i.e. if i'm on Day view i get 16 of April, if i go to Week view i end up on 13 of April.

When adding an event i find it a bit strange that the default duration is 0 seconds.

The week view seems to use the megashort day names and at least in the desktop seems a bit empty https://i.imgur.com/qHAXXz8.png
Wouldn't it make more sense to at least have the numbers in the list too?

Where are the tasks stored? Is it using a standard format?

Feature request: (obviously ignore for now)
 * I always want my events to have a reminder, let me set in options "create a reminder for events by default"

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: I get like a million QML warnings in the command line, but most of those seem to be more kirigami than yours