Kup in KDE Review

Simon Persson simon.persson at mykolab.com
Thu Apr 9 05:52:55 BST 2020

On 2020-04-07 05:09, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Monday, 6 April 2020 12:32:54 CEST Simon Persson wrote:
>> Please help to review kup.
> - It's probably worthwhile looking at REUSE licensing compliance (see
> reuse.software, or ask on IRC #kde-devel) so that the license is machine-
> readable and checkable.

I have changed license headers and such now. reuse lint now only
complains about missing license on various small files, like gitignore
and such.

> - Although you find_package(LibGit2) you were linking "old style" instead of
> using the imported target LibGit2::LibGit2. I pushed a build fix, now it
> builds on FreeBSD as well.
Thanks!

> - Uses a handful of deprecated methods; depending on what exactly you want to
> be compatible with, you might chase those.

Yes, I'm aware. I have reduced the number by quite a lot. The ones left
are either complicated to port or too recent. I would have preferred
waiting to change anything actually but all these deprecation warnings
were causing a risk to drown out warnings about actual problems so I
went and fixed them. Takes so much time to figure out what distros are
shipping so I just went with some hunch on what versions are OK to
depend on now.

Thank you!

Simon