HiDPI issues with KDE applications

Alexander Volkov avolkov at astralinux.ru
Mon Sep 30 16:21:57 BST 2019

28.09.2019 18:04, Christoph Cullmann пишет:
> Hi,
>
> I just checked again the HIDPI support of Kate/KWrite on Windows and
> it "sucked".
>
> It seems we never properly did setup the stuff to auto-scale, e.g. the
>
>  QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling, true);
>
> call was missing, we only had the
>
>  QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_UseHighDpiPixmaps, true);
>
> part that we sprinkled in most of KDE's things in the past.
>
> I now rectified that for Kate/KWrite, shall we do this for all our
> applications?

Hi,
This is wrong to set it manually, cause it's equivalent to setting
QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1,
which in turn conflicts with setting QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS (Scale
Display button in KScreen module).
See also https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html#high-dpi-support-in-qt
And please, use phabricator.