Ruqola in KDE-review

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Sep 17 07:20:36 BST 2019

Le mardi 17 septembre 2019, 00:07:38 CEST Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> El dilluns, 16 de setembre de 2019, a les 7:00:32 CEST, laurent Montel va
escriure:
> > Le lundi 16 septembre 2019, 00:14:12 CEST Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> > > El dijous, 12 de setembre de 2019, a les 9:20:45 CEST, laurent Montel va
> >
> > escriure:

> > > Now onto the using side:
> > >
> > > Starting it for the first time says
> > >
> > > received something unhandled: "{\"server_id\":\"0\"}"
> > > Connected
> > > org.kde.ruqola: Unknown service type:
> > > "Accounts_OAuth_Gitlab_identity_path" org.kde.rocketchatqtrestapi: Auth
> > > settings is empty. It's a bug
> > > org.kde.rocketchatqtrestapi: Impossible to start
> > > GetSupportedLanguagesJob
> > > org.kde.rocketchatqtrestapi: Impossible to start
> > > GetSupportedLanguagesJob
> >
> > Normal it's a bug from yesterday. This one will be fixed today.
> >
> > > And then the ui says "login failed"
> > >

> > > Connected to what? Is it attempting to login to something even if i have
> > > never used the app?
> >
> > Yep on open.rocket.chat server. It's the default server. Perhaps I need to
> > disable it.
>
> If there's no user/password i guess it makes sense to not try to log in.

Indeed I will fix it

> > ... snip ...
> >
> > > Ah, on the second login looked different and it at least showed my
> > > account
> > > name there on the first line (even though i still was not able to
> > > configure
> > > anything?)
> > >
> > > Searching for "montel" on the webapp on the company server shows me your
> > > chat (that i don't have open), searching for the same on ruqola doesn't,
> > > so
> > > i don't really have a way to talking to you
> >
> > Where do you search it ?
>
> On the left side bar.

It's a lineedit for searching in existing room/channel in listview.
It's not for searching new channel/user as in RC.

For it you need to click on icon at right of this lineedit
There is a menu => "open room"

Regards

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (France) S.A.S., a KDAB Group company Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,