Possible to move some KF5 frameworks to invent?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Aug 12 12:04:29 BST 2019

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:54 PM Albert Vaca Cintora
<albertvaka at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019, 18:46 Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:37 PM Albert Vaca Cintora
>> <albertvaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Could we use sysadmin/repo-metadata to know which branch is stable and therefore should be protected and trigger the hooks for closing bugs, etc?
>>
>> Unfortunately that only tells us what the current stable branch is -
>> it doesn't let us know what the other (either historical or up and
>> coming) stable branches are called.
>

> Maybe that is enough? IMO, it makes sense to not consider a bug is closed until the commit that fixes it has been merged to either master or the current stable branch.

Unfortunately not, as both future and past stable branches have been
used in the past by distributions as a source of patches for those
maintaining LTS releases.
Additionally, these branches are authoritative as to what we
previously released, and are needed in the event we need to make
another release of these branches.

We therefore need to operate notification hooks on all stable
branches, past, present and future.

Cheers,
Ben