Symmy in kde-review

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Apr 27 17:46:10 BST 2019

On Montag, 22. April 2019 17:57:42 CEST Elvis Angelaccio wrote:
> On 12/04/19 13:12, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > # Runtime
> >
> > Since it's supposed to be a CLI application, you might want to massage the
> > QPA loading a bit, since when I run it (ssh'ed in to my build machine) It
> > does
> > this:
> Note that even if it can be used from CLI, it's still a GUI app as it
> needs Qt Widgets to show the passphrase dialogs.

Hmm. I'm wondering why you don't leave the passphrase handling to gpg (resp.
gpg-agent) which will show a passphrase dialog (via one of the pinentry
implementations) if necessary. One of the major design goals of the gpg2
architecture was that passphrase and secret key handling is done by gpg-agent
exclusively.

Regards,
Ingo