2 New Plasmoids in Kdereview

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Jan 15 08:18:28 GMT 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:53 AM, Martin Kostolný <clearmartin at zoho.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben, Ingo,

Hi Martin,

> that is right, the previous mail (from yesterday's night) was my first mail to kde-core-devel, which was done based on mentioned point 3 under kdereview section.
>
> The reason I did that after this long was actually I wasn't sure what to do (to pass incubation/review) after my projects were imported to KDE repositories. That is entirely my fault of course. Also, I had then less time so I put that aside.

Sorry about that, we should have provided clearer guidance on the process here.

> Anyway now I'm back, have time :) and I'm ready to answer any questions and fix issues with my projects.
>
> Expected project destinations:
> 1) I'd like plasma-redshift-control to be an extragear project with own versioning. This is because redshift is only for Xorg platform and there is no need to tie it with Plasma versioning.
>
> 2) On the other hand plasma-active-window-control could be part of kdeplasma-addons because it is multiplatform, has C++ plugin and uses e.g. TaskManager module of Plasma which changes from time to time. So it would be nice to release always compatible version of this widget.
>
> These are just propositions, of course.
>
> I suspect it is not yet time for me to file a sysadmin ticket, but if it is, please let me know :).

Thanks for that detail, and for starting the separate threads for
each. In about 2 weeks time please file Sysadmin tickets and we can
get both moved to Extragear, and from there look towards making first
releases of both.

> Thank You,
> Martin

Cheers,