Splitting kde-baseapps?

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Sep 14 15:02:02 BST 2016

On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 15:46:28 CEST Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the future of the kde-basapps repo?
>
> It consists of:
>
> 1) Konqueror code + docbooks in subdirs doc, konq-plugins,  konqueror  + lib
>
> 2) kfind code + docbook in subdir kfind
>
> 3) kdepasswd (don't we have already a similar dialog in frameworks/
> kwidgetaddons?)
>
> 4) kdialog
>
> 5) keditbookmarks (documentation is part of konqueror docbooks)
>
> See also https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/128803/

I spoke briefly with David about this. The simpler scripts that I tried to
split the repo simply forget something (like the history of doc/ which was
moved around; I tried with kfind, which is already prepared for the split from
the structural point of view). I'm waiting for a script used by the PIM team
to see if it improves that.

--
Luigi