KScreenGenie moved to KDE Review

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 10:54:55 BST 2015

> You've gone ahead and moved all the includes from the header file to
> the .cpp file? I'm going to revert that commit, since the decision to
> keep all the #includes in the header is a coding style decision I
> consciously made. I know this extends build times, but this keeps
> things tidy - I can see exactly which components a single cpp file
> depends on my looking at the headers, I don't have to look through
> both the cpp and the header file. The cpp file should include one and
> only one header file, and that's it's own header.
>
> I appreciate you fixing the build without XCB very much. However,
> before making major coding style changes, please use the Review Board
> or ask over e-mail. KScreenGenie does *not* use the kdelibs coding
> style.

Hi Boudhayan,

A good practice is to not rely on the headers pulled transitively, see
[1,2]. So, the .cpp file should have all these includes anyway; and
when it does, there is no reason to keep unnecessary includes in the
header.

Projects use different coding styles because each has its pros and
cons. But regarding this #include thing the solution recommended in
the links below is much more advantageous than what you decided to do.

[1] http://programmers.stackexchange.com/a/262020
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/a/15420950

--
Alexander Potashev