Distros and QtWebEngine

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 22:41:07 BST 2015

On Montag, 20. April 2015 23:02:34 CEST, Sune Vuorela wrote:

> Let's just try to follow that thru.
>
> A new QuigleyImageView pulls in a new Qt. The newer Qt breaks somehow Plasma,
> because relying on internals. Then a newer Plasma is pulled in. THat

You can apply that on really *anything* - the obvious (claimed) failure is "Qt breaks somehow Plasma" because either
a) a client relied on undocumented behavior (client bug) or
b) a foundation broke documented API/ABI/Behavior (foundation bug)

Also your list implies that one never can update KDE, because that breaks GNOME, requires a kernel update and whatnot.

> Unfortunately, I haven't really used my imagination here.
That implies the Linux SW stack is crap. Point taken.

Cheers,
Thomas