Updating our tools

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Tue Sep 23 22:56:58 BST 2014

Hello all,

Since some of our applications and our workspace will be updated for
the next major release (14.12 is the name iirc) to use Qt5 and KDE
Frameworks I thought I would check englishbreakfastnetwork.org code
checker of kanagram (which has master branch based on qt5 and kf5).
http://ebn.kde.org/krazy/reports/kde-4.x/kdeedu/kanagram/index.html
Some of the "issues" on krazy are old and point to techbase articles
suggesting the opposite of the kf5 porting notes, For example, krazy
suggests we should use KLineEdit instead of QLineEdit but the porting
notes suggest to port from KLineEdit to QLineEdit since KLineEdit is
to be deprecated. Maybe I just missed something on ebn, but do we need
to add another category there for kf5 based code to be checked in a
different way with different rules, etc.? Shouldn't we update pages
like https://techbase.kde.org/Policies/API_to_Avoid to reflect new
suggestions also I guess or split them to contain suggestions for
kdelibs4 based code vs kf5 based code?

thanks,
Jeremy