Using Gerrit for code review in KDE

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Sun Sep 14 09:23:44 BST 2014

On Saturday, 13 September 2014 23:29:55 CEST, David Edmundson wrote:
> I think a good example is your patch today (and pretending you're not a
> maintainer). There was a single typo in a commit message. I wanted it
> fixing, but I don't want to have to have to review that whole thing again
> (in reviewboard terms "fix it and ship it"). I would have given a +2, but
> when you re-push to gerrit I would have to +2 again before you can merge.
>
> It's be a perfect example of where a self +2 would be fine.

Any project in Gerrit can be configured to copy the Code-Review ratings
from the previous iteration of a review when only the commit message gets
changed. I see both positives and negatives of such an option -- at the
same time it would help you in a situation like this one, but at the other
hand it might let non-KDE developers do stupid things like changing the
commit message arbitrarily. That's why I went the paranoid way and
configured this to use the defaults and not copy stuff around in such a
situation. We still copy on a trivial rebase, htough.

Are you guys more in favor of copying the reviews upon a change in the
commit message? I can make it happen.

Cheers,
Jan

--